Blue and Gold Banquet, February 22, 5-7pm, Horizon Elementary School Cafeteria
Our annual Blue and Gold Banquet is coming up. The theme this year is "Magic of Scouting". You can start setting up at 4pm, we'll start the banquet at 5pm. Each den is responsible for it's own table decorations, place settings, drinks, and food.
Details on the Cake Decorating Contest
Categories for Cakes
- Magic of Scouting
- Cub Theme
Rules for cake making/decorating
- This is a Parent-Scout activity. Since scouts/parents will be making the cakes, the cakes should look like a scout/parent did them and not a bakery. Strive for fun, not perfection.
- The scout must help with the kitchen cleanup at home.
- Cakes must be homemade and entirely edible. No wooden or plastic parts inside or out.
- All decorations must be edible.
- One cake entry per Scout
Registration and Judging
- Registration begins at 4:15 and ends at 5:00. Cakes will be registered, given a number, and placed on tables at rear of cafeteria by category.
- Scout only judging will be during the dinner. All scouts present will have a chance to vote on their favorite cakes in each of the categories. Scouts will be escorted for voting one den at a time.
Cakes will be eaten for dessert at Den tables after awards are given.